If you are ever craving that chocolatey-goodness crunch in your life- whether you wakeup with a sweet tooth like me or are grabbing for that mid-afternoon pick-me-up, then I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!!! This recipe is seriously so easy, relatively cheap to make, and super (duper) handy to have on hand to throw on top of yogurt bowls, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, into a trail mix, or even just by the handfuls…definitely not guilty of this one tehhee. You won’t regret it, that’s for sure :))
- 2 cups rolled or quick oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup shredded almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (either liquid version or melted)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used https://enjoylifefoods.com/products/dark-chocolate-morsels-3?variant=20209503928431)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (you could also use honey or agave)
- Optional* 1/4 cup cranberries and/or chopped macadamia nuts for extra sweetness or crisp
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup, and chocolate chips on the stovetop with low heat until everything smoothly melts together *keep a good eye on it!*).
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl together.
- Pour the wet ingredients from the stovetop in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and spread evenly on a baking sheet with greased parchment paper (I always use this spray to grease pans with https://www.amazon.com/Chosen-Foods-Propellant-Free-Pressure-High-Heat/dp/B00P2DKCHG)
- Bake each side around 8 mins, or until desired consistency- make sure you watch the ending though to verify it won’t burn!!).
- Keep the granola in one big sheet if you prefer bigger granola clusters, but spread them all out if you prefer little clusters. I personally am a bigger cluster gal.
- Store in a mason jar on the counter top for a week to a week and a half!