Considering this is my fourth blog recipe that is chocolate based, you may think I am an addict…and you are not wrong. I think my blood may turn into it soon, but I am definitely not complaining! That is pretty cool in my opinion. With my sweet tooth and busy schedule, these oats hit the spot literally any morning. I especially love making these on mornings after a night workout when I tend to wakeup a bit hungrier- which by the way it totally normal and HEALTHY!! We need proper fuel in our bodies and these oats supply you with all the good fats, protein, and complex carbohydrates. Go. Try. It. I promise you won’t regret it. (Pro tip: make them in an empty peanut butter jar).
INGREDIENTS: (1 serving)
- 1/2 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (here is the brand I use https://www.amazon.com/ALOHA-Organic-Protein-Chocolate-Servings/dp/B00X4PSVZO)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2/3 cup cup unsweet original or vanilla almond milk (do 3/4 cup if you want them less thick)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Optional* 2 tablespoons yogurt for extra creaminess
- Mix all the dry ingredients together well.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir together.
- Put in a mason jar or a leftover nut/seed butter jar and keep in the fridge overnight!!
- If you are a meal prepare, these can last in the fridge 3-5 days!