Flavored hummus: now the idea does not necessarily sound appetizing, but I beg to differ. As everyone always says, “Don’t knock it until you try it!” And that falls true for this as well. My mom always told me that sounded disgusting, but now she literally eats it every single day!! My personal favorite way to have it are with apple nachos, as pictured, strawberries, or even just by the spoonful!! ENJOY :))
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (I look for BPA free cans with either water and salt or just water with the beans under the ingredients list!)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener (maple syrup, honey, or agave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup tahini (ingredients only ground sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup water for extra creaminess and easier blending (can adjust more or less to your desired consistency)
- Pour all your ingredients into a high powered blender (this is the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-E310-Explorian-Professional-Grade-Container/dp/B0758JHZM3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vitamix&qid=1593371743&s=hpc&sr=1-1-catcorr – it is an investment, but it is so worth it in my opinion!!).
- Blend on high using the tamper for about 30 seconds.
- Store it in a mason jar in the fridge for up to a week!!